Tuesday 2 August 2011

Lightshade times V2.0

Based on the feedback from the minicrit,  I created these two models.  Each have 4 layers.  I wanted to see the difference between having paper-card-paper-card and card-paper-card-paper.  Having the paper on the outside creates a much softer light, whilst having the card on the outside is more effective in the shadows and silhouettes of the shape.  I lit both up using a variety of lights to see the effect and I think the images look quite interesting.






The top images are with the card on the outside and the bottom are with the paper.  there is quite a noticeable difference but I would rather have the card as I feel the stronger silhouette better portrays the effect I was going for.  I also decided based on feedback to "scatter"  the cut out pieces to reflect leaves on the ground.  The result looked quite nice and would be good to implement on my final design

No comments:

Post a Comment