Monday 8 August 2011

Crit day

On Thursday we completed our first peer review which was a really interesting exercise.  My piece isn't as effective in the light but it was still interesting to see how it interacted with the sunlight.  I completed as much of the matrix as I could and I'm relatively happy with the end result. I feel if I were to reo this project I would look at possibly trying different shapes as opposed to just the cube form and possibly make the cut outs smaller for a more subtle effect.

Model in the sunlight

Matrix (unfortunately don't know how to rotate)

http://nicksarch102blog.wordpress.com/2011/08/05/week-2-3-animation/#comment-3 Here is my review of Nick's waking up project.

1 comment:

  1. First Review of the first Peer crit:

    Firstly, I think it looks amazing, especially with the many different light sources placed within-instead of out (maybe could have tried this-but I think it is brilliant regardless). It progresses much further than just one or two cubes, and the fact that she took the time to 'trail and error' out of paper before making the final shows dedication, and a passion to get it right.

    I think its great that she did some small studies on the site location-Alten Park, however I am unaware of where this really is. Her small sketches show a true awareness and understanding of her surroundings and they look great too.

    But what really interests me and makes the entire project come together is the 'LightShade' effects, great photography and use of little or no light really brang out the cube-with some amazing shots, great selection of light colours and many too view I think she has done a fantastic job, with very little that can be improved on. Well done!

    ReplyDelete