Tuesday 2 August 2011

Lazer cut model times

Well its a bit official, i'm a retard.  I got the sizing wrong for the outer wood layer of my model so while the lazer cutting looks great the gap between layers is too small and isn't what I was after, nonetheless it looks pretty cool lit up.  I made the cut outs a lot bigger which doesn't look as good as the smaller version so that's a shame and something to consider for next time.  Here are some photos of it lit with the white light:



The picture directly above is the model without the outer layer to show what it would've looked like if I had of used a paper exterior.  I think it is interesting but less effective.

I the proceeded to scatter the offcuts around the base to explore the leaf effect:




I'm going to try and hang the pieces around so if it were lifted up they would drape around the shape as if they were leaves falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment