Tuesday 23 August 2011

Considering ideas for my Gathering Project

I have decided to base my colleagues on some of my engineering friends, if they were to start a firm in the future. The friends I have selected are all quirky, enthusiastic and enjoy the outdoors.  I want to capture a youthful spirit within my building and allow for a variety of activities that would enable dynamic uses of the space.

To start with I looked at playing around in 3Ds max and making different shapes that I could use for my reactive architecture piece.

The Bowl 

Experimenting with 3Ds max

Creating a shape that I could use for a piece of reactive architecture
The beginnings of the "yoyo" form


I thought the "yoyo"  idea could be interesting as a sculptie in second life that could b used to open a threshold but it didn't really provide me with the effect I was expecting.
I reassessed my shape and thought about a skateboard ramp or a slide that could be opened and then walked/ridden/slid across, kindof like a glorified "drawbridge."

No comments:

Post a Comment