Wednesday 28 September 2011

Stretching Material

I got some timber offcuts from placemakers and found some relatively stretchy material to stretch around them.  I started off by making differently shaped combinations with the planks and then stretching the fabric around and pinning it down:



This was surprisingly hard to do without disrupting the arrangement of the timber, which is definitely something to consider for my design. 

I then decided to light it from within which I think created the most effective images:


I thought about hanging the timber within the fabric to maximize the stretching which actually worked:

The feedback I got from this idea was much more positive than the train tunnel/bridge idea and I need to develop it with my previous concept in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment