Wednesday 28 September 2011

Changing it up a bit

I decided to change my site to the train track bridge that passes over The Strand.  I wanted the rib like structure to incase the tracks, creating a tunnel for the train to go through and beneath the tracks a pedestrian bridge.  I thought this could then be wrapped in fabric to crate interesting light shapes as the train passes through at speed.

Here is my augmented drawing of the bridge:

Upon speaking to the tutors however, they preferred the previous design and site as this one is too reliant on the train and my other design is much more interesting.  Padma had suggested I explore the idea of stretching the fabric completely around different shapes and seeing the effects so I will discuss the results of this in the next post.The feedback I got from this was what 

No comments:

Post a Comment