Tuesday 13 September 2011

Implicating my design idea

I created the spinning rooms in second life and tested the script.  the idea worked well but there was nothing really dynamic or interesting about the design.

The 'spinning' rooms

I did some trading with Sam and got these arches, that change colour when an avatar walks through them,.  he took my elevator from last semester so that was cool. This is only a temporary place for them and this image offers a better view of what my design is at the moment
The rooms need more individuality to really accommodate each of my colleagues and they need something to make them more interesting.  As Judy said it's just a "5 pointed star" and needs more experimentation.  Nonetheless here is an image of the same shade sculptie I looked at before placed over the model, in reference to the Millennium Dome.


As can be seen I have built this on a platform which doesn't consider the context.  I think I need to choose a place in second life that reflects the real life site I chose.  The shade sail may be a too literal as an interpretation of the millennium dome and I should look at the purpose and intentions of the dome as well as the physical attributes.

No comments:

Post a Comment